Looking to grow your Human Resources Career!
If so, the Civil Service Commission invites you to join us and be a part of building a talented, diverse and dedicated team here at the City of Reno.
The successful candidate in this position will perform a full range of responsible and varied professional level duties in support of the Civil Service Commission in the area of recruitment and selection. This is the journey-level class in the professional Management Analyst series. Positions at this level are generally assigned responsibility for the management and administration of program/project activities and independently perform responsible and difficult analytical, programmatic and other administrative analyses duties.
There is currently one vacancy in the Civil Service Department in which hiring will begin immediately following the close of this recruitment. Starting salary for this position will be $73,694.40 annually, which is step one of the current pay plan. This recruitment will also establish a list for future vacancies, which will be filled as they occur.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide complex staff assistance to management staff; participate on and provide staff support to a variety of committees and boards; prepare and present staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary.
- Plan, coordinate, implement, promote, and oversee assigned programs, projects, and initiatives. Ensure that assigned program/project activities and services comply with relevant federal, state, and local laws, policies, and regulations.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stays abreast of new trends and innovations in the fields of pre-employment assessments, recruiting, DEI initiatives and other issues related to this field .
- May direct the work of support staff on a project or day-to-day basis.
- Perform related duties as required.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, business administration, or a field related to area of assignment.
Work Experience: Two years of responsible professional level administrative and management analysis experience.
Submit your completed application and all additional information/documentation requested online at www.reno.gov/jobs by August 9, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. PT.
If you are having difficulty logging into your governmentjobs.com profile, please call the applicant support line at 855-524-5627.
Questions about the information on this announcement and updates to application information should be directed to Civil Service at (775) 334-2223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Reno is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment, hiring, assignment, training, compensation, promotion, retention, and disciplinary decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, political affiliation, membership in an employee association, or any other protected class status applicable under federal or state law or City Charter.