The Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is a non-profit leader in applied research, evaluation, and analytics in the arenas of employment, student, and military testing, and professional credentialing and licensing. We work with federal and state government agencies, private sector organizations, and professional associations.
About the Organization
As a non-profit, HumRRO is dedicated to work that contributes to science and society. Our employees enjoy a highly collaborative and supportive environment that fosters innovation, ethical practice, and outstanding customer service. Our core operational staff includes I-O Psychologists, Educational Researchers, and Behavioral Science Consultants. We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce and to practicing equity and inclusion for all staff.
About the Job
This job is for a candidate who has completed at least a Master’s degree in a relevant field and has at least 10 years of post-degree relevant work experience, including experience managing others. You will manage a team of 8-10 researchers, most of whom possess graduate level training in educational measurement/research or the behavioral sciences. You will also manage one or more project teams that may include staff who are not your direct reports.
Primary responsibilities involve leading and performing billable project work (approximately 70-80% of time), staff management (approximately 15-20% time), and support for business development (approximately 5-10% of time).
Billable project work involves:
- directing the execution of moderate to large scale test development or other applied research projects, including managing the work of internal staff and external consultants, and ensuring compliance with data security, quality, timeliness, and budgetary requirements
- maintaining and updating standard operating procedures for test development or other applied research projects, including the use of proprietary online test item authoring applications and development of graphics
- designing and carrying out data collection activities to support applied research, such as focus groups and workshops, including rigorous compliance with policies and procedures for handling and storage of sensitive information
- interacting directly with clients and managing client relationships
- providing expert technical advice to clients
- preparing, writing, reviewing, and editing project deliverables (e.g., technical reports, briefing slides, assessment materials including test questions)
- being a part of one or more project teams
Staff management involves:
- working with direct reports to develop their technical, project management, and client management skills
- providing performance feedback
- making work assignments and providing guidance on those assignments
- reviewing the quality of deliverables and interim products for projects directed by staff in your group
- working with project directors and other managers to allocate staff across projects
- communicating/coordinating with other managers and senior leadership
- identifying the need for, helping recruit, and selecting new hires
Support for business development involves:
- coordinating with business development division to identify, review, and pursue business opportunities
- leading proposal teams
- writing proposals to win work and presenting proposals to potential clients
- establishing and maintaining contacts with current sponsors to obtain continuation and expansion of contracts
- participating in networking activities (e.g., professional luncheons or conferences, active participation in professional or sponsor associations)
- contributing to the maintenance and expansion of HumRRO's client base
Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects across our lines of business and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs.
The position is located at HumRRO’s office in Monterey, CA.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Master’s degree or equivalent in I-O Psychology, Educational Measurement/Research, Educational Administration, or closely related field
- Ten plus years of post-degree work experience
- Two plus years of recent formal management experience
- Background in military testing and/or test development preferred
- Strong project management experience involving multiple stakeholders is preferred
- Willingness and interest to work on a variety of projects and tasks across our lines of business
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and manage own work and the work of others
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as a member or leader of a team
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting high standards for product and service quality
- Desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with team members and clients
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.