TESTING SPECIALIST (HR) 376587
Department of Human Resources
Number of Positions: 2
Under general supervision, designs and develops pre-employment and promotional tests and other selection procedures tools to screen, evaluate and select job candidates that will provide City of Chicago government with a qualified workforce, ensuring tests are reliable, valid and fairly administered, and performs related duties as required.
- Works with Testing Manager in designing and developing hiring related tests including online and paper-pencil tests, physical demonstration, and centrally administered tests.
- Develops guidelines and protocols for the administration, scoring and interpretation of hiring related tests including pre-employment tests designed and/or administered by external vendors.
- Conducts statistical analysis to determine psychometric properties of tests and items, test validity, reliability and adverse impact.
- Consults with subject matter experts and departmental managers to analyze job requirements and content to establish criteria for test development.
- Develops pre-employment tests and rating systems used to assess job competency requirements for employment hiring and promotions.
- Develops structured interviews and rating scales (i.e. Behaviorally Anchored Rating Scales)
- Provides technical assistance to hiring departments responsible for administering tests, and to vendors hired to design and/or administer tests on behalf of the City.
- Develops Requests for Proposals (RFP) identifying scope of services for the procurement of tests and related services.
- Facilitates meetings and/or focus groups with subject matter experts to identify and assess selection procedures and tests to be used to screen applicants for hire.
- Drafts technical and progress reports documenting the test development process.
- Participates in the review and evaluation of proposals from testing consultants for the selection of testing services.
- Acts as a liaison between testing consultants and city personnel to facilitate the development and administration of tests.
- Prepares correspondence in response to various inquiries from legal counsel, union officials and candidates relating to the city’s testing policies, tests administered, and test scores.
Additional duties may be required for this position.
Location: 121 N. LaSalle
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm (Employee must be able to work early/late and weekend hours to accommodate testing schedule)
THIS POSITION IS EXEMPT FROM THE CAREER SERVICE.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Educational Testing and Measurement or a directly related field.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following:
- Previous work experience in test development, test validation, psychometrics and testing theories.
- Proficiency with SPSS or similar statistical software (i.e., R)
- Previous work statistical methods and procedures associated with test development.
- Previous work experience writing technical reports and Requests for Proposals (RFP’s).
- Previous work experience in survey analysis.
- Previous work experience conducting job analysis interviews and researching comparative data to prepare analytical reports.
This position requires applicants to complete an interview which will include a written exercise and/or a skills assessment test as part of the interview. The interviewed candidate(s) possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, based on the oral and written parts of the interview will be selected.
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.