View the job posting on our careers page here.
Work a four-day week from anywhere for a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing! Wonderlic is focused on leading the way in fair, predictive science to create a world where everyone has their best job, and that starts with you! We leverage science to deliver evidence-based insights to empower smarter employment decisions, using simple, intuitive assessment tools, and to make sure our own team is engaged and equipped to do their best work.
Wonderlic has always championed progressive, sustainable approaches to building a culture that allows people to do their best work while living their best lives. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- Work from anywhere in the United States
- Four-day (32-hour) work week
- 21 days of PTO plus a paid company shutdown from 12/26 to 12/31
- True work/life balance and flexible work arrangements – we work with you to meet your needs, and we continue to evolve our company-wide approaches to flexible work
- Internet stipend
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Paid parental and primary caregiver leave
- Medical, dental, vision, FSA, and HRA
- Short- and long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance
- Pet insurance
At Wonderlic, we combine our science-based assessment background with the best talent to innovate the way modern pre-employment screening is leveraged by the recruiting industry. We expertly combine Industrial-Organizational Psychology, psychometrics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence to ensure applicants find their best jobs. Wonderlic provides the most trusted, research-backed assessments for sophisticated HR teams looking to identify top applicants and accurately predict on-the-job performance potential.
Job Title: Consultant, Selection and Assessment
Wonderlic is looking for an experienced Industrial-Organizational Psychology practitioner to join our Consulting team. You will spend the majority of your time providing value-add consulting services to our clients in order to enhance our assessment solutions. More specifically, you will work cross-functionally with our Customer Success and Sales teams to engage clients by scoping client needs and proposing appropriate solutions (e.g., job analyses, local validation studies, adverse impact analyses, ROI analyses, and talent audits). Once sold, you will be responsible for project management, from implementation to presentation of findings, of the proposed solution.
We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working both automonously and collaboratively with peers. Although most of your projects will be yours to own, we frequently work on team-based projects as well.
In short, you’re a hard-working I-O Psychology expert who’s willing and able to mentor team members while providing a successful, positive experience for our customers.
Location: Remote within the United States
- Project management: apply your strong technical and/or project management expertise to implement a broad range of service offerings that wrap around our core solutions
- Data analysis: ability to properly scope and conduct local validation studies, adverse impact analyses, ROI analyses, talent audits, etc.
- Provide technical product expertise to our customers by serving as an in-house Wonderlic assessment expert (e.g., cognitive ability, vocational interests, personality, and structured interviews) by joining our Sales and Customer Success teams on pre-sales calls and/or EBRs for key accounts or by facilitating results debriefs/interpretations
- Contribute, develop, or direct the development of a wide variety of client and internal deliverables (i.e., technical reports, tools, strategic approaches, or data analyses)
- Meet general demands of clients in a friendly way while delivering exceptional service
- Generate thought leadership content for internal and external use – including annual SIOP proposals
- Represent insights from data analysis by creating compelling visual narratives.
KSAs required for success include:
Advanced understanding of current I-O methods, standards, guidelines, and legal principles with a special emphasis on one or more of the following:
- selection and assessment
- test validation
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a team-based organization
- Ability to partner with a client’s Talent Acquisition and Talent Development professionals to demonstrate the value of testing, I-O Psychology, and evidence-based assessment methods
- Knowledge of job analysis, competency model development, test development, validation, and adverse impact analyses; solid understanding of professional, ethical, and legal standards in employment testing, measurement, and selection (SIOP, APA Standards, AERA, Uniform Guidelines, OFCCP, etc.)
- Ability to coach, mentor, or provide project leadership without formal authority
- Ability to translate technical terminology into understandable language for an audience with a variety of levels of expertise
- Comfort checking levels of audience understanding using various feedback mechanisms
- Ability to adapt communication style and tone based on the audience reactions and the issues being addressed
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Director of Applied Science & Culture
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: Full-time.
Required Education and Experience: Advanced Degree in I-O Psychology or a related field is required
Preferred Education and Experience: Ph.D. in I-O Psychology; 3+ years in Selection and Assessment or consulting role preferred
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Minimum proficiency in SPSS, R, and/or Tableau preferred. Interest in Organizational Development projects (internal).
Affirmative Action Plan/Equal Employer Opportunity (AAP/EEO) Statement: Wonderlic is proud to be an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Here, diversity is valued and celebrated, and is what makes us such a successful team. Wonderlic does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military/veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to include a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties and responsibilities may change or be assigned at any time, with or without notice.