U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Personnel Research and Assessment Division (PRAD) has an opening for a GS-0180-7/9 Student Trainee (Personnel Research Psychologist.) This position is eligible for remote work, anywhere in the United States. In addition, upon successful completion of the internship, the student is eligible for conversion to a full-time permanent appointment with us.
This student trainee will become a key member of a dynamic team assisting in the delivery of a wide range of organizational, employee, and applicant assessment and development services to facilitate the selection and retention of a quality workforce within CBP. Typical work assignments include:
- Participating in job analyses of mission critical occupations to determine the competencies, job skills, knowledge, abilities, and other characteristics critical to effective job performance in the occupation;
- Assisting experienced Industrial/Organizational Psychologists in the development, validation, and implementation of tests and other instruments for selection and promotion;
- Participating in the administration, evaluation, and analysis of surveys and other assessments used to provide CBP leadership with insight into areas impacting organizational health, employee motivation, and workplace stress;
- Applying quantitative and qualitative data collection methods to evaluate the validity of proposed and on-going workforce engagement efforts; and
- Assisting in conducting psychometric analyses and conducting research on a variety of human resources issues.
If you know of any good candidates for these positions, please pass this information along. Please note that the application closes on Friday, September 9th. For questions, please contact Lomy Schauffler at email@example.com.
Link to Job Opportunity Announcement: https://www.usajobs.gov/job/674015000