TESTING ADMINISTRATOR (HR)
Job Number: 376301
Department of Human Resources
Testing & Assessment Division
Number of Positions: 3
This position is open to the public and all current city employees covered under the City’s Collective Bargaining Agreement with AMERICAN FEDERATION OF STATE, COUNTY, AND MUNICIPAL EMPLOYEES (AFSCME) – BARGAINING UNIT 1, 3, 4 & 5. Only employees in City job titles in this bargaining unit are eligible to bid.
BID INSTRUCTIONS: Apply on the bid site: https://chicago.taleo.net/careersection/103/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en AND
1. Check the box on your profile titled “Currently employed by the City of Chicago”
2. Enter your employee ID (located on your pay stub labeled ‘payee/employee number’)
3. Select your correct bargaining unit
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL RESULT IN A REJECTED BID APPLICATION
Under supervision, proctors, administers, and scores pre-employment tests as part of the hiring process for City positions, and performs related duties as required.
Employees must be able to work early/late and weekend hours to accommodate testing schedule. Employee must be willing to drive unaccompanied to numerous test sites located in various City of Chicago neighborhoods.
- Follows all City hiring processes, procedures, and policies applicable to the testing process to ensure the testing process is conducted fairly and free of political influence.
- Travels to various locations, transporting testing materials, and following established procedures to maintain the security and safety of materials.
- Proctors and administers pre-employment tests (e.g., online, paper-pencil, physical demonstration) ensuring applicable policies, guidelines, and protocols that govern the City’s testing process are followed.
- Works with operating departments to schedule and coordinate the notification and testing process for candidates (e.g., send testing invitations detailing location, date, time, photocopy package test materials and supplies)
- Coordinates logistics at testing sites, ensuring required equipment, and testing supplies are available and prepares seating arrangements prior to candidates’ arrival.
- Checks in candidates, verifies identification, and distributes testing materials.
- Reads aloud testing instructions and answers questions to ensure candidates understand test instructions and responds to concerns identified throughout the testing process.
- Monitors the conduct of candidates throughout the testing/exam period, always maintaining a presence in the exam room and responding to inappropriate, disruptive, or suspicious behavior.
- Collects test materials, score tests, and enters results into an electronic tracking system.
- Escalates testing irregularities to the proper authority
Additional duties may be required for this position.
Location: City Hall + City-Wide Testing Locations (50% In-Office, 50% Field Work)
Address: 121 N. LaSalle Street, Room 1100
Days: Monday to Friday
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Some early mornings, weekends and evenings may be required.
THIS POSITION IS IN THE CAREER SERVICE.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree, plus two years of administrative work experience.
Preference will be given to candidates possessing the following:
- Previous experience proctoring exams.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Statistics, Education, Educational Measurement, and/or I/O Psychology.
- Customer Service experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
NOTE: Attention to detail is critical for the success of this position
NOTE: This position requires travel to different City of Chicago offices
- General office environment
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions and possible hazards at test sites
- Ability to carry and transport testing materials to testing sites
This position requires applicants to complete an interview which will include a written exercise and/or a skills assessment test as part of the interview. The interviewed candidate(s) possessing the qualifications best suited to fulfill the responsibilities of the position, based on the oral and written parts of the interview will be selected. Bidders who receive a passing score on the test will be hired in seniority order according to the collective bargaining agreement.
ALL REFERENCES TO POLITICAL SPONSORSHIP OR RECOMMENDATION MUST BE OMITTED FROM ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS SUBMITTED FOR CITY EMPLOYMENT.
The City of Chicago is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Military Friendly Employer.