Join the Arlington County Human Resources Department (HRD) assessment team as an Assessment and Selection Analyst. We are searching for an experienced, detail-oriented individual desiring to further their professional experience in a progressive local government, by providing subject matter expertise in personnel assessment & selection, data analytics, and process improvement. Experience working with public safety organizations is desirable.
Location: Arlington County, VA 22201
Typical duties include:
- Meeting facilitation
- Training facilitation
- Data analysis and validation
- Job-related selection instrument development
- Collaboration with various stakeholders
- Executive summary preparation
- A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Public Administration or a related field.
- Professional level experience in testing and assessment applied to hiring and/or promotion, including experience assisting in developing and/or administering validated assessment centers.
Substitution: Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for required education on a year-for-year basis.
Preference may be given to candidates with any of the following desirable qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology or a related field;
- Experience building and managing relationships with internal and external customers;
- Experience researching, analyzing, and developing solutions to complex issues, procedural and/or operational problems;
- Experience working with a public safety agency and/or developing selection processes for public safety occupations;
- Experience handling a variety of human resource processes including but not limited to employee selection and recruitment; and/or
- Possession of a human resources certification or license such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP SHRM-SCP or CCP.