U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE)
The Strategic Initiatives Unit (SIU) within U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement has multiple openings for Personnel Research Psychologists (GS-180-14, salary range: $112,021 to $145,629 per year) in its Washington, DC office. Applicants will be evaluated based upon responses provided on the job specific questionnaire that is required as part of the application process. Applications will be accepted from Wednesday, October 25, 2017 to Monday, November 13, 2017.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a senior level Personnel Research Psychologist. You will be responsible for conducting research, applying innovative assessment procedures and techniques to identify top talent. You will work to develop practical solutions to HR management problems and concerns to include, developing selection systems to hire and retain highly qualified employees, including law enforcement officers. SIU will be a fast-paced environment where your duties and responsibilities require interacting at all levels, across multiple offices, within and external to ICE.
Typical work assignments include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development of innovative assessment tools, including designing and coordinating job analysis studies, creating test content, developing scoring and weighting protocols, and creating technical documentation related to assessment activities;
- Developing measurement concepts and tools including: written tests, interviews, training and experience assessments, etc. which are applied in the recruitment, selection, and retention of employees;
- Applying psychometric and performance measurement, experimental design, descriptive and inferential (including advanced statistics), and other analytic methods;
- Leading the ongoing maintenance of assessment tools, including designing and implementing maintenance strategies, securing and analyzing data related to item characteristics/performance and item exposure, and item refresh activities; and
- Conducting assessor and test administrator training
SIU is a newly formed unit within ICEs Office of Human Capital. Selectees will have the opportunity to build an assessment program from the ground-up.
For more information and to apply:
Current Federal employees: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/482762900
All other applicants: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/482739800
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the position further, please contact Matisha Montgomery at Matisha.email@example.com