CPS HR Consulting seeks an experienced Human Resources professional to work on an intermittent basis performing a variety of testing and selection-related consulting work. Candidates should live in the Eastern US (Wisconsin, Illinois, Tennessee, Mississippi, and eastward), convenient to a major airport. The incumbent will apply knowledge, skills, and abilities mainly in the design, development, and administration of assessment center projects, as well as be responsible for day-to-day project and program activities, including conducting job analyses. The position requires independent thought and judgment. We desire an articulate individual with excellent analytical, organizational, research, and statistical skills, with a willingness and ability to travel an average of 50% of the time. Travel may occur on evenings and weekends. This is not a regular position, it is based on project needs.
Typical job functions include but are not limited to:
- Conduct job analysis studies, conduct and coordinate test/assessment design/development/administration activities, attend client meetings, determine client and project needs, and outline scopes of work and project timelines.
- Develop and administer assessment centers for many types of positions, especially for public safety entities.
- Facilitate subject matter expert panel meetings.
- Assist in responding to requests for proposals.
- Prepare a variety of documents and detailed reports.
- Construct various types of employment examinations, exercises, and rating/scoring rubrics/guidelines.
- Apply legal guidelines to ensure valid processes while promoting best practices.
- Facilitate test administration activities.
- Monitor project budget activity.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships, work accurately and effectively, and maintain a strong customer focus.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with clients, co-workers, applicants/candidates, and others.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or closely related field is required. Master’s degree or Ph.D. is highly preferred.
Must have at least two years of professional full-time experience, including conducting job analyses, examination pass point setting, examination development for selection, and/or developing and administering assessment centers. Must also have experience in public safety or local government.
We may consider a graduate student who is working on an advanced degree in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology who may not have the full-time experience.
Pay rate for project work is typically between $40 and $60 per hour depending on experience and assignment.
Apply online at: www.cpshr.us/careers.html Applications will be accepted through November 12, 2017. We may fill the position prior to that date.