The US Postal Service is looking to add an Industrial Psychologist IV to our team of I/O psychology professionals as part of our Organizational Effectiveness team, USPS’s in-house team of I/O psychology practitioners responsible for addressing all job analysis and design, selection and assessment, and people analytics needs for the entire organization.
This is an experienced position primarily responsible for leading large complex job analysis and job design projects by leveraging their experience and technical expertise. Ideal candidates should have significant professional experience serving as a technical expert in job analysis and job design projects.
While our team is primarily based at USPS Headquarters in Washington, D.C., any applicants located within the United States will be considered. Please note that the salary range on the listed job advertisement only reflects the minimum to the midpoint of the full salary range for V-01 positions. However, exceptional candidates may be hired above the posted salary range on the job advertisement, contingent on internal reviews and approvals.
Please apply for this opportunity at the following link: APPLY HERE
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW
Serves as the technical expert for job architecture and competency development programs. Leads large complex job analysis studies and projects designed to identify large scale organizational needs and inform talent management strategies. Leverages professional knowledge and experience provide technical guidance regarding job analysis and competency development to team members and consult with business owners and managers at all levels of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Consults with stakeholders to identify organizational goals and strategies regarding competency models and job architecture. Collaborates with internal stakeholders on initiatives and projects designed to develop competency models and job architecture frameworks. Provides technical advice and program guidance to organizational leadership regarding effective methods, procedures, instruments, and strategies to develop competency models, interview guides, and job architecture.
- Leads large complex job analysis studies and project teams by developing and implementing strategies and project plans to conduct observations, focus groups, interviews, and surveys to identify and evaluate work requirements, tasks, duties, and responsibilities. Designs, develops, and administers job analytic surveys to capture necessary data to inform the development and validation of competency models, job descriptions, selection processes, training, performance management and succession planning strategies. Develops deliverables resulting from job analytic studies, including job descriptions, competency models, and interview guides.
- Conducts quantitative and qualitative data analysis for job analysis, competency modeling, and other projects. Analyzes job analysis survey data to describe and understand job responsibilities and requirements by running descriptive, frequencies, correlations, regressions and factor analysis. Generates graphs and charts to display the data visually. Documents results in presentations and detailed technical reports. Ensures adherence to applicable professional standards, principles and guidelines.
- Conducts external research on industry best practices in competency modeling, job analysis, and job architecture to identify trends, technology enhancements, and methodologies. Develops recommendations for processes, policies, guidelines, and practices for incorporating competency models throughout the employee life cycle, including hiring, development, and performance management and evaluation. Shares technical knowledge (e.g., methodological, statistical, psychometric), and professional development support (e.g., coaching, mentoring) to teammates.
- Develops, implements and maintains job architecture guidelines, methods, and procedures to ensure the accurate creation and modification of job descriptions and related materials. Develops the framework, methodology and process for career path analysis and modeling, to inform talent management strategies and evaluate effectiveness of talent management programs and initiatives.
- Leads the design of best-in-class job evaluation process to include identifying and implementing legally defensible evaluation methodologies. Conducts internal and external salary analysis studies using market data sources (e.g., ERI, Payfactors) to ensure job equity; prepares and documents analysis to inform recommendations for the appropriate job grade level.
- Leads large scope organizational review and restructure initiatives and projects to review, create, and/or modify job descriptions. Consults with managers at all levels of the organization to identify job description and requirements needs based on organizational changes. Provides technical guidance to organizational leadership regarding job architecture process and value.
- Develops and facilitates training of job analytic methods and tools and content validation strategies to enable the team to effectively define job roles, requirements, and determine the appropriate occupational group, classification, and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) designation for new and existing jobs. Provides technical direction, guidance, and training to team members regarding the evaluation of jobs using established methodologies (e.g., point factor, factor comparison, market pricing) to determine pay grades.
- Identifies the impact of competency models on talent management tools and programs and organizational performance. Conducts complex analyses related to the development, delivery and reporting of the impact of competency models on job descriptions, performance, and development. Identifies and makes recommendations for opportunities for improvement of talent management strategies, tools and techniques by leveraging competency models and other job analytic data.
- Provides written and/or oral testimony, briefings and reports on complex technical and professional issues. Serves as a technical expert and testifies in legal proceedings in the area of I/O Psychology.