U.S. Office of Personnel Management
Location: LOCATION NEGOTIABLE
Open Period: April 27, 2022 to May 8, 2022
The salary range for this announcement reflects Rest of US GS-13/1 @ $94,373 to highest GS-13/10 San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland, CA @ $150,703Series & Grade: GS-0180-13
About the Job
Are you an Industrial/Organizational psychologist with selection expertise? If selected, you may develop, implement, and evaluate selection or promotion assessments; conduct data analysis; write technical reports; or conduct job analysis. Additional selections may be made for psychologists with individual or organizational assessment expertise.
The positions are in OPM’s HR Solutions, Assessment & Evaluation Branch (AEB). AEB provides assessment services on a reimbursable basis to other Federal agencies and offers a fast-paced environment where your duties and responsibilities will involve interacting with other psychologists, HR Specialists, and program managers across offices within and external to AEB.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and/or participate on projects to develop and/or contract for innovative assessment tools.
- Conduct Governmentwide and/or agency-specific job analyses.
- Develop and implement competency models and hiring/promotional assessments.
- Establish project objectives, activities, timelines, budgets, and staffing plans.
- Advise agencies and internal senior management on implementing assessment strategies.
- U.S. Citizen or National
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Must complete initial online questionnaire and additional assessments
Basic Education Requirement: All applicants must have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited or pre-accredited academic institution leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major or equivalent in psychology to receive further consideration.
For GS-13: You must meet the Basic Requirement AND have 1 full year (52 weeks) or more of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the Federal GS-12 grade or pay band. Specialized experience must demonstrate ALL of the following:
- Leading/managing projects that involved conducting job analyses, performing statistical analyses and developing tests/assessment tools consistent with professional and legal requirements (e.g., Uniform Guidelines on Employee Selection Procedures); AND
- Using knowledge of the principles, theories, and methods of industrial/organizational psychology or related field (e.g., applied social psychology, applied research/evaluation) to develop practical solutions to assessment problems, including experience with assessment development and validation methods; AND
- Experience applying knowledge of statistics and using a major statistical analysis package (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R); AND
- Planning and monitoring project or program budgets to include negotiating funding with management or other officials; monitoring budgets; determining pricing for operational activities; determining estimated costs for products or services; and managing resources to ensure delivery within budgeted amounts.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to apply, visit: