Click here to view further details and author bios.
This workshop will focus on the basics of conducting a salary equity analysis and will highlight different strategies for different regulatory contexts. First, we will provide a broad overview of recent developments in the legal landscape of compensation equal employment opportunity (EEO). This will include a comparison of employer obligations and legal standards at both the state and federal levels. Second, we will provide a guidance for conducting compensation EEO analyses. Specific topics covered include the following:
• Understanding federal and state laws and regulations governing equity in pay;
• Establishing appropriate groupings for analysis;
• Analysis strategies (statistical and otherwise);
• Determining merit variables (i.e., pay factors) to include in an analysis;
• Conducting and interpreting the actual analysis;
• Determining how to make individual and group salary adjustments.
We will conclude with an overview of the direction we suspect compensation EEO enforcement is heading.
This workshop has been approved for 2.5 continuing education credits by both SHRM and HRCI.