As the conference draws near, we wanted to share some tips on how to maximize your conference experience! Read on...
IPAC’s 12 Rules for an Awesome Conference Experience
- Arrive early. We encourage you to arrive on Saturday or Sunday, the day before your first session begins. Arriving early means you'll be able to join activities and events such as Pre-Conference Workshops and the President’s Reception. And on Monday night, we hope you'll join us for “get-to-know-you” drinks and nosh at the Social Event.
- Stay until the very end. We recommend you plan to stay through the final plenary session on Wednesday—until noon. IPAC is an unusual conference in that our attendees stay for its entirety—every session and special event, right up through the closing day.
- Clear your calendar. No, really. To help you get the most out of IPAC, we ask that you lend us your brain. Ignore your email. Switch off your phone. Don't take meetings. IPAC is an immersive experience, and you won't want to miss a moment.
- Don't go home. If you are local, we strongly urge you to book a room at our conference home, even if you live within commuting distance. Save yourself the stress and envelop yourself in our cocoon for the duration. Network in the hospitality suite each night and just walk back to your room. No uber, taxi, or designated driver necessary.
- Talk to strangers. IPAC is teeming with amazing people. As a result, chance encounters at IPAC often lead to new ideas, projects, perspectives, organizations … They're as essential to the experience as the program itself.
- Eat. Drink. Sleep. IPAC runs full throttle for three days. You'll enjoy it more if you pace yourself: drink plenty of water, grab light healthy snacks at the social spaces, and get as much sleep as is humanly possible.
- Don't miss a thing. Attend every session. Go to every event. The best IPAC moments happen when you least expect them. It's invariably the unknown speakers who wow the crowd. Social events, too, are there for a reason. So resist the temptation to sneak back to your room, and give yourself a complete IPAC experience.
- Leave your laptop in your room and your cell phone in your bag. The program merits your full attention, and laptops and cell phones are a big distraction—not just for you, but for everyone around you.
- Devour the program guide. Review it online before you arrive and come ready to dive deeper.
- Experience the social activities. Check out the amazing social activities we've put together in Old Town.
- Let us help you. The IPAC volunteers will do their best to answer any questions and solve any problems, from logistics queries to where to grab lunch. Pre-conference, contact us via email. On site, visit our information desk at registration or in the exhibitor hall. Or ask anyone wearing a badge ribbon indicating volunteer, committee, or Board.
- Blog with us or... not. If you plan to blog, take photos, or tweet, use these tags: #IPAC2018, #IPACHospitality. But, do not feel at all obligated to live-blog or lifecast from IPAC.
We are so excited to see you in 2018 for our conference in Old Town, Alexandria!
Take a look through our conference links on the left, and be sure to keep checking this page for important conference updates.
IPAC has been named one of the best government conferences in 2018 by GovLoop!
SHRM has approved Conference attendees receiving professional development credits (12.5 credits for the conference and 3.5 credits for each workshop).
The conference has been approved for 20 HR (General recertification credit hours for HRCI certification holders.