Biddle Consulting Group, Inc.
Open Position: Principal I/O Consultant
Reports to: CEO and/or EVP
Works under relatively little direction to conduct job analyses, perform adverse-impact analyses, and develop and/or validate selection devices, as well as to provide general selection-related consulting services to our clients. Work includes client contact and is engaged in business development (such as responding to requests for consulting proposals). Has final review authority of other consultants’ work. Can negotiate and sign contracts. May be asked to provide testimony to support our clients via written declarations and/or deposition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage projects with responsibilities for budget, schedule, scope, research leadership, and tasking of team members. Oversee other Consultants in the areas of job analysis, selection-device development, test validation services, and presentation/training services.
· Lead critical reviews of research literature and court documents
· Develop and execute consulting project plans
· Manage and lead activities such as user needs analysis, task analysis and other analyses to identify training, assessment, and validation needs for clients
· Conduct research to develop and validate measures and metrics of human performance
· Build strong client relationships and ensure they receive excellent service
· Manage and lead data collection activities
· Manage and lead statistical analyses using software including SPSS and Excel and/or access team support for such activities
· Manage and lead the preparation of project reporting requirements (e.g., monthly and final reports, presentations, briefings)
· Actively participate in the assessment-related community through conference presentations, webinar-based presentations, and publications in peer-reviewed and/or general publication literature
· Provide mentorship and guidance to team members
· Lead and assist in the preparation of proposals
Typically has a M.A./M.S. or Ph.D. degree in I/O Psychology and eight or more years of experience.
Expertise in human-performance assessment, validation services, and technology-based training
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Experience leading projects related to human-performance assessment and training
· Experience leading field data collection efforts
· Experience with statistical analyses such as correlation, multiple regression, and ANOVA
· Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SPSS
Experience working in the field of employee selection to include conducting job analyses for a variety of professional and non-professional jobs, developing selection systems (e.g., minimum qualifications, structured interviews, work samples, assessment centers) for those jobs, administering and scoring selection systems, and documenting evidence of validity of those systems.
Experience leading a team of professionals in performing employee selection work preferred.
This position does not require physical activities beyond a typical office environment. It does require computer use, web-based video communications (e.g. Skype, Webinars), and telephone use.
The Principal I/O Consultant will be expected to travel up to 10-25% of working hours per month for the following purposes:
· Data collections and information gathering
· Training clients in job analysis and/or validation techniques
· Conference presentations and/or attendance
· Team and organizational meetings (if remote)
· Business development opportunities
For more information, contact Leigh Bashor, HR Director, Biddle Consulting Group, Inc. at 916-294-4250 x 122 or email email@example.com