The Spokane Civil Service Commission seeks high-energy, upbeat candidates for the position of Personnel Analyst I. The Commission's mission is to provide an efficient, effective, merit-based system of employment so that the City selects and retains the best employees for more than 300 job classifications.
The following is a sample of the types of functions and duties you would perform in this position:
- Prepares examination announcements and plans the procedures and mechanics for the administration of examinations.
- Assists in the development and administration of written, performance and oral tests for a wide variety of occupations.
- Assists in conducting job surveys, desk audits, and time and motion studies. Assists in the maintenance of a city-wide classification plan.
- Reviews applications and interviews applicants to determine their eligibility for examination.
- Assists in research and surveys in order to stay on top of manpower needs, current trends, and new developments in Civil Service systems which adhere to the merit principle.
- Conducts item analysis studies. Assists in coordinating recruiting and placement programs with City departments.
- Performs related work as required.
Employees who complete one year as a Personnel Analyst I are eligible to take the promotional exam for Examination & Classification Analyst II. The promotional position pays up to a maximum of $79,803 annually.
For detailed job information and to apply, please go to our website at: https://my.spokanecity.org/jobs/classified/
You will need to meet the minimum qualifications and pass the examination for this position to be eligible for hire. The examination will consist of a written test, weighted at 100%.
Upon request, at the time of application, the City will provide alternative accessible tests to individuals with disabilities that impair manual, sensory or speaking skills needed to take the test, unless the test is intended to measure those skills.
WRITTEN TEST DETAILS
Written testing will be conducted in the Civil Service Test Room (4th floor, City Hall) on February 14, 2018, at 9:00 a.m. The approximate duration of the test is 2 1/2 hours. Additional test sessions may be made available depending on the number of applicants.
Self-schedule written test date and time: When you pass the minimum qualification review, we will send you an e-mail with complete instructions to self-schedule your test session. Test sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
The written test may include such subjects as Job Classification, Mathematics, Merit-Based Employment, Personnel and Human Resources, Reading Comprehension, Reasoning, Research Methods, and Written Communication.
Please see the Test Information Guide for further details on our written testing process.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. You should complete and submit a City of Spokane employment application online by 11:59 p.m. on the filing cut-off date.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information, veteran/military status, or disability status.